Calling All Kindergartners

Fri, 06/24/2022 - 3:12pm




We would like to welcome all new Kindergarten families to register for the 2022-2023 school year.  As we prepare for our upcoming school year, it is important to have your child registered to ensure we have the correct amount of teachers for our students.  Please do not delay.  Help us with the process by registering your new kindergartner as soon as possible.  Enrollment  is now open. 

Kindergarten Registration

Children must be 5 years old by September 1 in order to enroll in kindergarten. Every child who is 5 years old by September 1 must be enrolled in a kindergarten program this fall or have an approved waiver. HCPSS kindergarten is a full day program.

  • Please make certain you are on the screen for 2022-2023 if registering for the next school year.

  • Parents or guardians are to register students at the school serving the address where the child’s parent or guardian resides.  Information on neighborhood schools can be found through HCPSS School Locator

  • Complete your child’s registration online by providing the documents listed below. The registration process will be more efficient if you upload the required documents during online registration. Otherwise, you will be asked to submit the required documents via email as pdfs. The following documents are needed for registration and should be submitted during the online registration process:

  1. - Child’s evidence of birth (i.e.: birth certificate, baptismal certificate)

  2. - An authorized record of immunizations

  3.  -Proof of residency in the form of your entire signed lease/deed including signature pages.

  4. -Current utility bill with your name and address that has been issued within the last 45 days. (cellular device bills not accepted)

  5. -Photo ID of parent/guardian

Additional Documents to bring if applicable to your child:

  • Proof of custody - only if there is information the school must adhere to during school hours. (full document including the signature pages)

  • Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for Special Education Services

  • 504 plan 

  • Psychological report or related services reports/plans

  • English Language Learner (ELL) plans or previous assessments

Health Forms: These forms should be completed by your child's pediatrician and dentist and emailed to our Health Room prior to the first day of school or as soon as your child has their 5 year check-up

  • Blood Lead Testing Certificate 

  • Dental Health Form

  • Physical Exam Form  

  • Immunization Form