Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year begins Monday, March 6. Parents/guardians of children who will be five on or before September 1, 2023, must enroll their children in kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year. Details about the enrollment process are available online. Click here to register: https://news.hcpss.org/news-posts/2023/03/2023-2024-kindergarten-registration-opens-march-6-2023/
Kindergarten Online Registration Week is March 6, 2023.
Parents/guardians of children who will be five as of September 1, 2023, must enroll their children in kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year.
Having all your documentation prepared in advance of registration will keep the process moving quickly. If you are missing documentation, your registration will be denied.**
**If you are a multi-family registration (2 or more families living together), please contact our PPW, Jared Woodley, firstname.lastname@example.org, to complete your registration.
Student Identification Documentation
- Student’s evidence of birth (birth certificate, passport/visa, physician’s certificate, baptismal or church certification, hospital certificate, parent/s affidavit or birth registration.)
- Proof of parental relationship, custody, or guardianship. If applicable, bring legal proof of custody (court order).
- Any additional paperwork that may be necessary due to special living arrangements or circumstances.
- Student’s most recent grade report, transcript, report card from last school attended at time of withdrawal.
- Documentation of Special Education (IEP), 504, Psychological Report, or related services.
Parent Identification Documentation
- Parent picture ID: driver’s license, passport, MVA identification or other legal form of photographic identification.
- Signed original, current complete lease or complete deed with your address, valid dates, signatures.
- Current utility bill with name and address (non-cellular telephone, gas and electric, cable bill issued in the last 45 days.)
- Student’s current proof of immunizations signed by a physician. Learn more about the immunizations required for enrollment
- Students who have never attended a Howard County public school have certain health documents to submit with their enrollment paperwork. Please submit it to the school nurse or fax it. Learn more about these forms and find additional forms for diabetic students, students with allergies, and student medications. All health-related questions should be directed to the school nurse, Laura Ruiz, email@example.com, 410-313-8326, Fax: 410-531-1295.
After you have registered your child: Please view this wonder Welcoming Packet for additional Kindergarten information.